Hi everyone!!!
Over the last few days of 2012, I've been busy... HAVING FUN!!!! =D
Now - to pull it out of the memory compartment of my brain and put it on the blog... (iPhoto help!)
December 31: We were in our new church for the second time ever and Stella (our homestay) was with us again too! Church was supposed to be closed because Big Camp (camp-meeting) is on. The week before they asked if anyone wasn't going and a few weren't, so church was open. I thought there would only be a handful of people, but there were alot of visitors. I think a few other churches may have been closed. We felt sorry for those at Big Camp - the weather has been very windy and wet lately!
We had a Literature Evangelist speak for us, and he told a story about someone who's life was changed, and we recognized the person. It was someone we'd been trying to get in touch with, but didn't have their contact details! After church we had lunch in the passage between the kitchen and the Sabbath School rooms, as the hall hasn't been finished yet and it was bucketing down outside. After lunch the musicians, Mr. Trevor, Mr. Ross and I went into the church and had a good ol' sing-a-long again (we did it the previous Sabbath too)! It was so much fun! We were playing with harmonies, trying out new songs, and singing some old favorites in the hymnal. Mom came up and sang with us near the end too! I now know to warm my voice up after lunch, because it wasn't feeling too happy afterwards.
 |
| One of my favorite Sabbath activities! |
 |
| Music in the new church! |
That afternoon I did something... don't remember what and don't have photos to remind me. Then had a nap - for a reason! We had a function 'til midnight that night, and I didn't want to be tired at it. I woke up, had extra for supper (so I'd be too full to have sugary treats) and headed out as it was over the North Shore. The Homeschool get-together started at 7, but since the sun only sets around 8:45 at this time of the year, we didn't leave 'til 8:30. We closed Sabbath and welcomed the New Year in, just over the Harbor Bridge, then continued our journey. When we arrived it was dark and the lights were on in the barn. We had soo much fun! My idea of sleeping so I wouldn't be tired didn't work too well and I wanted to sleep on the hay!
 |
| Two tired girls - at only 10:30pm! |
 |
| Family shot |
 |
| I go crazy when I'm tired! |
Later a few of us went swimming and close to midnight we all gathered and started discussing who had the most accurate time - a watch, iphone, android.... I walked off to find a good spot for firework photos. They had a few countdowns (no one was sure who to follow it seemed) and then lit some fireworks. I had a successful photo! =D Yay!
 |
| 2012 Fireworks! |
As we were leaving I took a photo of the barn with the main lights off and just the pretty decorative lights on.
 |
| The Barn |
It was such a fun evening with great friends (they were the Homeschooling New Zealand friends I do Convention with and have traveled to Australia and America with some of them)!
No comments:
Post a Comment